Saturday, August 18th
Board Your Overnight Flight to Budapest, Hungary - Depart for Hungary
Sunday, August 19th
River Cruise Embarkation in Budapest - Depart from Budapest, Hungary. Embarkation begins at 3 pm. Join us on the top deck for sail away festivities and meet other fun loving singles before taking part in a gala Welcome Dinner. (Dinner)
Monday, August 20th
Budapest City Tour - Your morning tour begins on the Pest side of the city - view the Parliament, City Park and Heroes Square. Cross to Buda to see the Royal Palace, Matthias Church and the graceful medieval architecture along the cobbled streets. Explore the city's wonderful shops and cafes this afternoon on your own or with other singles. Set sail to Bratislava in the evening. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Tuesday, August 21st
Bratislava City Tour - This morning, enjoy the tranquil scenery as the ship sails along the scenic Danube. In the late afternoon, arrive in Bratislava, capital of Slovakia, a mix of modern and Baroque architecture. This capital city is among the youngest in Europe, yet retains a rich history dating back more than 2000 years. Walk along the cobblestone lanes of the historic town center; view St. Martin's Cathedral, coronation site of the Kings of Hungary, the 13th century Old Town Hall and the Franciscan church. Join other singles for free time to explore this colorful city before returning to the ship for dinner. This evening, the ship will set sail to Vienna. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Wednesday, August 22nd
Vienna City Tour - Your morning tour of romantic Vienna introduces you to this Imperial city with its legendary opulence and elegance. Drive along the famed Ringstrasse, Vienna's main boulevard lined with magnificent Baroque palaces, parks and monuments. View the lavish Hofburg Palace, and the impressive Vienna Opera House. Continue to majestic St. Stephen's Cathedral and the Parliament building. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure, or, join the optional tour to the magnificent Schonbrunn Palace, once summer residence of the Hapsburgs. Visit the gorgeous baroque apartments and stroll through the world-famous manicured gardens. Tonight, perhaps take the opportunity to attend an evening of Viennese culture in the "City of Music" at an optional concert performance of the classical masterpieces of Mozart and Strauss, two of Vienna's most famous citizens. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Schonbrunn Palace Tour (PM) - $49 per person
Classical Viennese Concert (PM)- $62 per person
Thursday, August 23rd
Melk Abbey - This morning, arrive in the Bavarian village of Durnstein, one of the prettiest towns on the Danube. Join other singles for free time to stroll this quintessential village in the heart of the Wachau wine district. Walk along medieval cobblestone streets revealing 16th century town houses and wine taverns. Continue cruising late this morning through the scenic Wachau Valley, with lovely storybook views of vineyards, castles, hilltop ruins and monasteries. Later, disembark in Melk for a guided tour of the historic Benedictine Abbey, considered one of the finest examples of Baroque architecture in Europe. View the Abbot's chambers, the Kaiser's walk and the lavish library. The ship will set sail as you dine on board this evening. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Friday, August 24th
Full Day in Linz - Early this morning cruise into Linz. Founded by the Romans, Linz has cultivated a strong artistic tradition, especially in the field of music. Today is free to explore the city with other singles, taking in such sites as St. Mary’s Cathedral and Linz Castle, or just relaxing at a café sampling the famous Linzer torte which was named after this quaint city. Alternatively, join the optional full day tour to beautiful Salzburg, birthplace of Mozart and setting for the Sound of Music. The walking tour will include some of Salzburg's most historic sites including the Mirabell Palace, the Abbey, Salzburg Cathedral, and St. Peter's Cemetery. After lunch at a local restaurant, there will be time to discover Salzburg on your own before returning to the ship. In the early evening, all passengers will rejoin the ship and set sail for Passau. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Full Day Tour of Salzburg - $105 per person
Saturday, August 25th
Passau & Regensburg City Tour - Dock this morning in 2500-year-old Passau, known for its pastel patrician houses, cafes, cobblestone lanes and riverfront promenade. Passau is a Bavarian town with a mix of Roman, Italian Baroque and Gothic architecture. Return to the ship for lunch before departing by coach to explore Regensburg, one of Germany's largest and best preserved medieval cities, designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The guided walking tour highlights the city's stunning architecture as you view the Old Town Hall, Dom St. Peter and the Porta Praetoria, gateway to an ancient Roman fort built in 179 AD. Marvel at beautiful churches and one of the oldest stone bridges crossing the Danube. Tonight, enjoy a lavish Captain's Dinner on board. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Sunday, August 26th
Prague City Tour - This morning disembark from the river cruise and drive to the "Golden City" of Prague. Upon arrival this afternoon, continue on a tour of this magnificent city. Visit the 1000-year-old Hradcany Castle grounds, former residence of the Bohemian Kings and enjoy breathtaking views of the Charles Bridge and Lesser Town below. Walk though the elegant courtyards and see St. George Basilica and the St. Vitus Cathedral. Continue to the Jewish Quarter, and the Old Town Square to view the world-famous Astronomical Clock and the Town Hall. (Breakfast)
Monday, August 27th
Full Day in Prague - Join other singles in the group for a chance to explore Prague on your own. Perhaps visit the museums, galleries or wander along the banks of the Vltava River. Or, join the optional morning tour to Terezin, the infamous Nazi WWII concentration camp, now a memorial to those who perished. Tonight, mix with the locals at Wenceslas Square, shop for local handicrafts, enjoy one of the many charming cafes or dine at a world-class restaurant. (Breakfast)
Half Day Terezin Tour - $69 per person
Tuesday, August 28th
Full Day in Prague - Join other singles in the group for a chance to further explore this beautiful city independently. Visit the museums, galleries or stroll along Parizska Street, the city's famous shopping district. This evening, perhaps try traditional Czech cuisine at a popular restaurant. Remember to sample Prague's national treasure - its world-renowned beer. (Breakfast)
Wednesday, August 29th
Depart the Czech Republic - Your vacation ends today after breakfast. Be sure to collect phone numbers to keep in touch with your new lifelong friends, and don’t forget to plan ahead for your next singles trip with Vacations To Go. (Breakfast)
- During your Budapest City Tour, see the Parliament, Heroes Square, Royal Palace and Matthias Church
- Tour romantic Vienna with its legendary opulence and elegance
- In Melk, join a guided tour of the historic Benedictine Abbey
- Marvel at the beautiful churches and ancient stone bridges in Regensburg
- City tour of Prague "The City of a Thousand Spires"
- Cruising: MS Monarch Empress
- Prague: Hotel Imperial
- 10 nights Deluxe accommodations (7 nights on the ship, 3 nights in Prague)
- River port charges of $190 per person
- Cruise & hotel porterage
- 23 meals: 10 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- Shore excursions per itinerary
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring during excursions
- Captain's Welcome Dinner and Farewell Dinner
- Unlimited wine and beer with dinners
- Locally inspired recipes
- Early riser breakfast in addition to buffet breakfast
- Complimentary bottled water replenished daily in your stateroom
- Late night snack
- Complimentary basic Wi-Fi access
- Self-serve coffee and tea station
- Lounge serving premium spirits
- Daily entertainment including an on-board musician
- Fitness center
- Non-smoking ship interior
- Cruise Director & Tour Managers throughout
- Shore excursions conducted in English by licensed guides
- Airfare to Budapest, Hungary or from Prague, Czech Republic - available on request.
- Arrival/Departure transfers - available on request.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against unexpected events. Click here to read more about your insurance options.
- Passengers arriving to Budapest on Day 2 should select flights that arrive no later than 2:00 pm.
- Due to physical constraints and space limitations, wheelchairs and walkers are not allowed on motor coaches and/or river cruises. The Monarch Empress is equipped with elevator access between the Empress and Countess decks, however passengers will encounter some uneven surfaces, stairs, steps and significant slopes while touring.
- While most of the time river cruises operate exactly as planned, weather conditions may result in high or low water levels which impact a ship's itinerary and, on occasion, render a ship unable to sail at all. On very rare occasions, other events such as heavy fog, a damaged lock, or an incapacitated vessel blocking the river, may impact a sailing. These events typically occur with little or no notice. In the event that a cruise is partially or completely impacted, the itinerary will be operated by deluxe motor coach, accompanied by a Tour Manager, with overnights in hotels. The itinerary will include as many of the originally scheduled sightseeing features as possible, considering the travel time and distances required, as well as meals. While it is not possible to recreate the more leisurely comforts of sailings, we will endeavor to provide a comparable itinerary. These alternative services will be provided at no additional charge.
Danube River singles cruise on the
MS Monarch Empress with 3 Nights in Prague
Click here to return to Singles Cruise Calendar.
Are you single and ready to have some fun and meet lots of new people? Join us on our river cruise of the Danube that sails from Budapest to Prague in August! Hurry! Due to limited availability, this tour will sell out quickly!
The deluxe MS Monarch Empress is Gate 1's first privately owned river cruise ship. Cabins range in size from 140 to 210 square feet and include large bathrooms and most rooms offer French balconies. The ship is designed with the view in mind, with large windows in the cabins, dining room, lounge, and other public space – and with few exterior visual obstructions on the outside decks. At mealtimes, guests will have full outdoor views through floor-to-ceiling windows. Lounge on the sun deck and watch the passing scenery. Curl up with a book or surf the internet in our generously sized library or share a drink with fellow travelers in the lounge. The MS Monarch Empress promises all the comforts and pleasures of a deluxe floating hotel.
To see more features of MS Monarch Empress, click here.
On this hosted singles river cruise you'll enjoy Vacations To Go's exclusive group discounts, and cocktail gatherings, group excursions, single-mingle dining, and more! Plus, our high-energy host will be on hand to make introductions and organize events. Complimentary name tags and wrist bands will be provided for entrance to private singles events.
If you share your cabin with a friend, the per-person prices are:
|Outside Cabin with Window
|Outside Cabin with French Balcony
If you prefer to have a cabin to yourself, the prices are:
|Outside Cabin with Window
|Outside Cabin with French Balcony
All prices are subject to availability and may be increased or withdrawn as the ship fills.
Outside Cabin with Window
Outside Cabin with French Balcony
Your onboard Vacations To Go host for this cruise is Rusty Fletcher.
Rusty took his first cruise after college. After stepping aboard, he knew immediately
that he wanted a life of travel. He began working on cruise ships shortly thereafter
and spent five years exploring new destinations with Carnival and Norwegian Cruise Lines.
Rusty has traveled extensively throughout Alaska, Hawaii, Mexico, Central America,
Bermuda, Canada and New England as well as the Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean.
His outgoing nature and cruising experience make him an ideal host for your next singles cruise.
For more information or reservations, contact our singles department at
from Monday through Friday, 8am to 7pm, and Saturday and Sunday, 9am to 6pm, Central Time.
Or click the link below and complete the online reservation form.
To meet all of our singles hosts, click here. To email information about this river cruise to a friend, click here.
Our singles activities are not open to the public. You must book through Vacations To Go to join the fun!
The Vacations To Go Singles Department is open Monday through Friday, 8am to 7pm, and Saturday and Sunday, 9am to 6pm, Central Time.